Purnea University Admission, Exam Date, Results, Admit card, Recruitment, Courses Offered, Registration Card, and Merit list can be checked here. Purnea University is a UGC-approved Educational institute established in Bihar by an act of legislation in 2018. It is a Public institution. The quality Status’ of the institution is accredited NAAC B and approved by UGC. The University umbrellas 46 colleges under it.
The university provides a range of courses under streams such as Science, Social Science, Humanities, and Commerce. It provides co-education with a safe environment for all the students. PU’s emphasis on the overall growth of the students is promoting curricular activities and quality education.
The university was a part of the Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, Madhepura. It became a separate institute on 18th March 2018 by an act of the Bihar Assembly as notified in the Bihar Gazette (Ashadharn) on 17th August 2016. The University is named ‘Purnea University’ after the Purnea district itself. It is spread over Purnea, Araria, Kishanganj and Katihar districts.
Purnea University Admit Card 2022
Purnea University Exam date 2022
Purnea University Admission 2022
The university envisages becoming a global institute and educating students by providing world-class education and the facilities required. To impart not only knowledge but build them with strong values. The university currently provides the facilities of Libraries, Conference Halls, Canteen, Hostels, Laboratories, Yoga and Dhayan Kendra, Sports & Cultural spaces, Training & Placement Cell, and other basic facilities to provide a better place for students.
Purnea University Officials
- Chancellor – Phagu Chauhan
- Vice-Chancellor – Prof Raj Nath Yadava
- Financial Advisor – Sri Indra Kumar
- Registrar – Dr. R.N. Ojha
- Finance Officer – Sri Durga Prasad Mandal
- Deputy Registrar (Academic) – Dr. Manoj Kumar
Purnea University Admission
- The candidates who wish to enrol in the college under Purnea University (PU) shall first check the course’s eligibility criteria. Then, please check the seat availability per category before filling out the application form.
- The candidates shall fill the form with authentic information. If the authorities find any discrepancy later, your application will be rejected.
- Admission forms are made available on the site. First, search for the Admission tab. Then the candidate needs to select courses as per their preference and eligibility.
- Payment regarding the admission fee can be made through any method, by Net banking or debit/credit card.
- There are 46 Colleges listed under the PU. The list of Colleges is also provided in our portal. In addition, the names of Affiliated, Constituent and Law colleges are provided here.
How to Apply for Purnea University?
- First, we request the candidate to read and get complete information regarding the course you have decided to apply.
- Then on the official page, check for the seat availability in your desired college and the course you want to pursue.
- Then Go to the candidate need to register them on the University portal. They will then be given a login Id to perform the Purnea University Admission process. Finally, go to the Admission section to fill out the form.
- Here, select your course. Fill out all the educational details in the form and upload the documents to support your eligibility. Then make the payment as per the course you selected; you have now gotten admission to the college.
Latest update: The last date to apply for the UG, PG and Vocational courses was 7th August 22.
Affiliated College by Purnea University
- N.S.Y Degree College, Rambagh, Purnia
- D. College, Rambagh, Purnia
- RKK College, Purnia
- S. College, Harda, Purnia
- N.C. College, Dhamdaha, Purnia
- J. Mahila College, Banmankhi, Purnia
- R.C Degree College, Katihar
- Y. Degree College, Manihari, Katihar
- M. Degree College, Barari, Katihar
- Balrampur Degree College, Balrampur, Katihar
- D. College, Barsoi, Katihar
- N.P. Degree College, Raniganj, Araria 
- College, Raniganj, Araria 
- D.S.S. Mahila College, Forbesganj, Araria
- MLDPKY College, Araria
- Alsams Millia Degree College, Araria
- Peoples College, Araria
- K.S. Mahila College, Kishanganj
- MHAND College, Thakurganj, Kishanganj
- Purnea College, Purnia
- Purnea Mahila Mahavidyalya, Purnia
- L. Arya College Kasba, Purnia
- L.M. College, Banmankhi, Purnia
- L. College, Madhavnagar, Purnia
- S. College, Katihar
- M. Mahila College, Katihar
- RDS College, Salmari, Katihar
- KB Jha College, Katihar
- Forbesganj College, Forbesganj, Araria
- Araria College, Araria
- Marwari College, Kishanganj
- Nehru College, Bahadurganj, Kishanganj
- Govt degree college, Baisi, Purnea
- Govt degree college, Dhamda, Purnea
- Brij Mohan Thakur Law College, Purnia
- Chandra Kishore Mishra Law College, Araria
- Surya Dev Law College, Katihar
Purnea University Courses
Purnea University provides a vast range of courses that are being provided in the various colleges affiliated with the PU. The candidates shall check the list of routes from the Admission Tab on our website. They can select from the faculty and department mentioned below.
- Undergraduate Course
- Vocational Course
- Law Course
- Self-Finance Course
- Post Graduate Course
- PhD Course
Faculty and Department of Purnea University
Purnea University Exam Date 2022
The examination forms are made available on the official portal of PU. The candidates can fill out the form and deposit the fee here. The points to keep in mind while filling exam application form are as follows.
To fill exam form:
- Candidates are required to enter their registration number as a User ID, and a password is a password to log in to fill out the examination form.
- Select your College and log in.
For any inquiry related to the Examination, write us on the Email ID: [email protected] or call us at 9608906395 from 10 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Purnea University Result 2022
The University releases the result of the examination conducted at regular intervals. The candidates who gave the exam can check the results of the following courses:
- BBA, BCA and CND
- MBA 1st Sem
- PG 1st Sem Dec 2020
- DP III 2021 Commerce Faculty
Purnea University Student Grievance Cell
The university provides the facility to complain and share any issues they face in the colleges through the Grievance cell. The cell will keep your identity safe and will solve the problem. It is there to help in times of need.
The University is going to initiate other courses in different faculties. The list of Future classes is as follows:
Faculty of Art & Humanities:
|1||Indian Languages||MA (Indian languages)|
|2||Foreign Languages||MA(Chinese), MA (Japanese), MA (Spanish), MA (German) and MA (French)|
|3||AIHC and Archaeology||MA (AIHC and Archaeology)|
|4||Journalism and Mass Communication||MA (Journalism and Mass Communication) and MA (Advertising and Public Relations)|
|5||Philosophy and Religion||MA (Philosophy), MA (Hindu Religion), MA (Christianity) and MA (Islamism)|
|6||Library and Information Science||M.Sc (Library Science) and M.Sc (Information Science)|
Faculty Of Environment and Applied Agriculture:
|1||Environmental Science and Technology||M.Sc (Environmental Science and Technology)|
|2||Water and Food||M.Sc (Water and flood Management)|
|3||Food Science and Technology||M.Sc (Food Science and Technology)|
|5||Horticulture and Landscape||M.Sc (Horticulture and Landscape)|
|6||Forest, Climate Change, Metrology||M.Sc (Forest) and M.Sc. (Metrology and Climate Change)|
|7||Rural-Agriculture Development and Management||MBA (Agribusiness Management) and PG D (Rural Development and Management)|
|8||Animal Science and Poultry Management||M.Sc (Animal Science) and M.Sc. (Poultry Science)|
Faculty Of Education, Sports & Vocational courses
|1||Education||M.Ed. Integrated B.Ed. cum M.Ed.|
|2||Teachers Education||MA in Teachers Education|
|3||Territory Education||Several skill courses after secondary education|
|4||Physical Education||M.P.Ed.; Integrated B.P.Ed. & M.P.Ed.; Master in Sports Medicine|
Faculty Of Medicine, Nursing and Ayurvedic Science
|1||Medicine||M.Sc. (Community Medicine), M.Sc. (Tele Medicine) and PGD (Hospital Management)|
|2||Nursing||B.Sc. (Nursing Management) and M.Sc. (Nursing Management)|
|3||Ayurveda||Masters in Ayurveda|
Purnea University Contact Details
Contact Authorities: Call: 06454-223223